Friday, February 5, 2016

Overcome Haters

Haters – a word that was foreign when I was child but has become quite common in our self-centered world.  As much as I dislike the word and the character it portrays, haters are here.  Haters in our world, haters on our jobs, haters in our schools, haters in our churches, and even haters in our families.  So, the question is what to do?  Quit our jobs?  Drop out of school? Leave our churches?  Forsake family?  The answer is “NO!”  It isn’t the job hating, it isn’t the school hating, it isn’t the church or the whole family hating rather it is a minority; a thorn in the flesh.  So, don’t walk away from all that is good to you because of a hater but take the four step biblical approach.

     1. “Be Gentle” - A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. (Proverbs 15:1)

     2. “Pray” - Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you. (Matthew 5:44)


     3. “Forgive” - But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.  (Mark 11:26)


     4. “Love” - This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.  (John 15:12)


I admit these four steps are not always easy but they are always best.  Choose to do what God would do.

For those who believe my life is a bed of roses, let me give you some understanding - roses have many thorns but I choose to display the blooms and not the stinging daggers.  Yes, I have had haters; worked with some, attended church with some and more but I refuse to allow a hater to control me.  I take charge of me, control me, and do my best to follow God’s instructions albeit sometimes tough.  Overcome the haters and become a conqueror.

No comments:

Post a Comment