Sunday, November 18, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

This has been a very busy weekend! WAY Quartet sang at MoMENtum, a men's conference for the western U.S. in Tulare, California, and gave an awesome performance for the grand finale Saturday morning. After a quick lunch, they rehearsed a couple hours and headed to Hanford, California to Jubilation, a youth concert. Bryce was a featured artist and also WAY Quartet. We just arrived back to Delano at midnight and dropped the boys at the Holiday Inn. They have about four hours to sleep and shower and then, Brian will pick them up to drive to San Diego, California where they have a performance Sunday morning. Lawrence and Tyler will catch a flight from San Diego to Sacramento so Tyler can get back to lead praise at his Sunday evening service in Citrus Heights. Lawrence will then drive to the tip of California to be at work Monday morning. Brian and Bryce will leave San Diego and drive to The Pentecostals of Orange County in Tustin, California where Brian will speak for their evening service. Do you feel tired just reading this?!?!? LOL Me? I chose to keep Bryn and Blake home for their Sunday School classes. I think I might just get a Sunday afternoon nap for the first time in a long time. :) There are some thoughts running through my tired brain, but they will have to wait til Monday. Have a blessed Sunday!

11 comments:

  1. The WAY Quartet did awesome (of course) on Saturday. Bryce did a good job as well..love Not Performing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous - thanks for your kind words. Have you heard the story of how much Not Performing means to Bryce?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have..I might have..I don't remember.

    -Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  4. These boys are just too busy, but they are vessels of honor that the Master is using! We are thrilled to hear about their accomplishments and their upcoming recording. Tonight, however, we were blessed to hear Brian preach an awesome message. We missed you and the kids. Thanks for your support! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chloe - you probably have heard the tale. LOL Bryce had the song, Not Performing, for several years. A friend of ours wrote the song when he was a young man. Bryce would frequently sing the song in his bedroom, but would never be able to finish it because he would start crying. When it came time to record, he couldn't finish the song without crying. The producer, engineer, Brian and I were in the studio and we all started crying. It was a very emotional/spiritual moment. We actually had to stop recording, leave, and come back the next day to finish the song. The producer left some of the emotion on the recording even though it was a less than perfect vocal. The emotion tends to make the song a little more effective. Long story short, this song is very personal to Bryce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie - My spirit was there with you tonight, but my flesh was weak. LOL The past few weeks have been really hectic and I just knew I couldn't do it. My potassium dropped again this week and I needed to rest. It ended up I would have been better to go because I didn't get any rest, but...oh well. Brian said Mark had another bad spell yesterday. Please tell him Brian and I have committed the next few days to praying for him. He has got to get better - - -SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sis Allard,
    Tell your husband thank you for such a wonderful message. It was just what I needed.
    Sis Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bro Allard was outstanding! Missed you and your singing though.
    We have been praying for Pastor Pryor. I feel just like you. He has got to get a healing soon!!! In the meantime, plenty of rest and careful diet is the answer. God will do a work on His time.
    P.S. Bro Bryce looked reaaaaaaly tired.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jana, thank you for your commitment. We are believing for a complete healing soon! As for you, you take care of yourself and don't get too drained. Your in my prayers. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sis. Alice - I will pass your comment to Bro. Allard. He enjoyed being in service with you. Thanks for your kind comment. I'm glad you were blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Catherine - I would have loved to be there, but it just didn't work out this time. We are going to continue to pray for your pastor until he is better. You were right about Bryce being tired. He was really exhausted. He had two finals early this morning and I know he was so tired. He will get to sleep in tomorrow and, hopefully, catch up on some needed rest. He gets sick when he gets too tired.

    Debbie - keep us posted to Mark's condition. I hope it is resolved soon and healing flows through his body. Thanks for keeping me in your prayers, too. I am feeling better and starting to recognize when my postassium drops so I can correct it quickly.

    ReplyDelete