Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Winter Camp Meeting In San Diego

Rev. Lee Stoneking
Pastor Jim Larson
Karen singing/directing the impromptu choir

It was my first time to attend Winter Camp Meeting at The Anchor in San Diego and I am thrilled I was able to go and participate. Ushers set extra chairs in the aisles to accommodate the crowd. The nightly speaker was Rev. Lee Stoneking who spoke prophetically and powerfully each night. Karen Harding and freeWAY sang each night. Karen Harding was great and, well, you know how I feel about the quartet. They were fabulous! I missed taking pictures of them because I was so focused on their performance! LOL Pastor Jim Larson had called my husband to ask if I would be attending and he insisted I sing, too. I sang Saturday night and at both Sunday services. One of the highlights of the weekend was an impromptu choir under the direction of Karen Harding. A few years ago, The Anchor choir was asked to participate in a recording with Mark Lowry. Pastor Larson got to thinking it would be great for the "ReMARKable" choir to sing since the director, Karen, was there. People quickly came from their seats to the platform and they did an awesome job. If I can get Brian to download the videos of the quartet, I will share them.
Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got to go and get refreshed and blessed. The pastor and his family is so many times busy focused on his flock that he is called to care for, making sure that they are fed spiritually and that their needs are met that they, themselves, get tired and need to be fed. It is times like these that they are able to get away and get refreshed in the Holy Ghost and have their needs met so that they are able to carry on the work that they are called to do. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you wer able to go to Winter Camp meeting, I agree with Sister Mendoza, you are awesome and you care for your flock, near and far, and you too need to be fed, I am glad that you were fed, I love you, cheri

    ReplyDelete