Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!



First, before you condemn me for saying, "Happy Halloween," hear my opinion of this day. It stems from Genesis 1:1. "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth..." He also created night and day, man and woman, tears and laughter. I have heard people condemn God saying, "If He was such a good, loving God, why are there murderers and rapist?" Well, God did not create a murderer or a rapist. He gave man and woman the freedom to choose. Eve chose to partake of a tree she knew was not for her consumption. Likewise, God created day and night but it was humanity that chose to pervert days by celebrating paganism. As for me, I have not chosen to celebrate a day that has been perverted by evildoers. Rather, I have chosen to celebrate the day because it is the day the Lord hath made. So, if my little girl dresses up like Sarah Palin, knocks on grandma's door and gets free candy, I don't think we have perverted the day. Since we also agree with the scripture that instructs us to shun the appearance of evil, I will not allow my child to represent a character that stems from paganism, the occult, sorcery or witchcraft. I know my opinion is controversial but, this is my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Jana I appreciated this post. I'm Pentecostal, FGCI/A-G ..a little of both, ha.
    And I have to have this conversation with people every year. Lets not harass children for wanting to dress up and go get some candy.
    I mean, hey, I might want to dress up and go get some candy you know??
    Thanks...thought I'd delurk ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speckledpup: Thanks for dropping by my blog and "delurking." HA! Feel free to look me up on FB. BTW, congrats on your marriage.

    ReplyDelete