Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thanks to God and Hugs to You


Today I am thankful for my loving husband, beautiful kids (pictured above) and the protection of God Almighty. You probably think we live from drama-to-drama. LOL Last night, my husband and I taught a marriage seminar at The Pentecostals of Orange County. We were driving back home late last night because Brian was supposed to substitute teach today. Traveling at 75 miles an hour on I-5, our little, tin can, rental car came face to face with a huge truck tire that was nearly as tall as the car. There was nothing we could do but hit it. Somehow, the airbags did not deploy and the car did not flip. It was amazing. Immediately we heard a strange noise and pulled over as quickly as possible. The car had front end damage and the radiator was busted, the transmission cooler and air conditioner condenser were pushed into the fan. We sat on the side of the road nearly four hours waiting on a tow truck. Shortly after five this morning, we arrived home. My nerves were frazzled, my body exhausted, but I was grateful to be home safe. Things must get better. Tonight Brian and I will go out with a few other couples from our church and, knock-on-wood, relax, unwind, and enjoy being in love. Our kids and their cousin Sara will enjoy the fun antics of the Harlem Globetrotters. I pray all of you have a wonderful, love filled day. Hugs!

15 comments:

  1. Jana, I am so glad you and Brian are all right. And your kids will love the Harlem Globetrotters. My mother took us to see them when we were kids. Have fun tonight. God is so good. Love, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry,to hear about that
    Thank God for his protecting hand.
    So, I guess you had plenty of time to give all those kisses to your hubby LOL
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a frightening time. God sometimes shows us that He is control, and your incident certainly verifies that. Hope you have a wonderful care-free evening. Great pics. Happy V-Day to you and yours (and please relay V-day wishes to your mom). Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sister! God was right there! I'm so glad that you and your husband are okay.
    Happy Valentines ♥
    God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jana, Thank God you guys are ok. I hope you had a wonderful evening with hubby and friends.
    Blessings to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Thank God you guys are safe!

    -Weston

    p.s. I saw the Harlem Globetrotters a couple years ago it was really cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Thank the Lord nobody was seriously hurt. I hope the rest of your day was better and that you enjoyed the time with your husband and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you made it home safe.

    On a side note, its more fun to celebrate a day late... somehow extending the holiday... lol. We are too. Hugs to you too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my, Sis. Jana. Never a dull moment in your family, eh? Praise God for His protection.
    Are you singing @ the Ladies Conference?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jana, I know how it feels to be stuck on the side of the road. Our transmission went out when we were headed home from General Conference in Salt Lake City. We set for 3 or 4 hours as well in the middle of nowhere. Then we spent a week in Elko Nevada. 'nuf said! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! I'm thankful as I know you are, that nobody was hurt! Hope you had a wonderful love-filled Valentine's Day.
    Love,
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jana, It isn't like you to go so long between posts or at least posting comments. I praying that you're all right. Love, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sister Allard,

    I must have goofed when I posted a comment the day you put this post up. I wanted to tell you I love you, and that God's mighty hand was there that night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sis Allard

    Wonderful and great photos!! Have you ever heard the saying that the only real treasures in life are those that can hug you back. No I did not put it in quotations because AI can not remember if it is quoted correctly or who said it.

    Mervi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone - thank you for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers.

    ReplyDelete