Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Sunday! Celebrate Jesus!

Today, we celebrate the birth of our King. Now don't get me wrong - we celebrate Jesus everyday but today is a special birthday party. Our morning service is featuring our children and the evening service will be a candlelight Christmas concert. Many years (50 something) ago, my dad started the tradition of giving a Christmas sack to each person in attendance on Christmas Sunday. Last night our family prepared the sacks filling each with an apple, orange, corn nuts, rice krispies, chocolate filled gold coins, candy canes, and several other pieces of candy. I'm hoping to get several pictures that I can later share with you.

Have a nice day with Jesus.

3 comments:

  1. Jana, I hope your day is blessed! I remember when my Dad had us fill similar bags. How neat that you arcarry on his tradition! Do you and Brian pastor the church you father pastored?

    Today we are prsenting our toy drive gifts. I love Christmas! Sharing with others is what Christmas is about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas - and the Christmas programs. Something so special about them. All I can say is: Merry Christmas Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracie - Yes, we pastor the church my father pastored. My husband worked with my dad as his assistant for about 13 years and when my dad retired in 1994, Brian became sr. pastor. My dad passed away in 1999 but we still carry on many traditions he established in our church. We have done so many different things at Christmas but we never miss giving Christmas sacks. Last year we put all the bus kids names in a hat and had people draw names. We gave our bus kids a great Christmas!

    Karen - Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love the decorations, the lights, the songs, and even the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete