Thursday, January 25, 2007

Blogging, Talking, Communicating...


Wednesday night, we were once again with Pastors Mark and Debbie Pryor in Tustin, California at The Pentecostals of Orange County teaching. The theme for this week was communication, particularly for married couples. I won't give you my entire lesson, but let me skim through part of it. First, I told them of four potential hazards in communication; the negative "don'ts." I also included what would be the positive way to communicate or the "do's." Important factors in communication, are knowing how to listen, seeking clarity, and timing. Then, I read I Corinthians 15:33. "Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners." I asked them to consider reversing that scripture. If you consistently have good manners, chances are your communications will be more polite. Many people think nothing of using words such as "please," "thank-you," "pardon me," "excuse me," or even smiling at strangers. Yet, when they come home at night, they leave the manners at the front door. Your family deserves even greater respect than complete strangers. I have made it a point to always use manners in my home. If I need to step past my daughter playing in the floor with her toys, I will say, "Excuse me." This not only treats her respectfully, but it also teaches her manners. Certainly I will not bore you with my eight pages of notes, but for you women who think your husband never talks to you I must say he is actually biblical. Matthew 5:37 says, "Just say 'yes' and 'no'..." (The Message Bible) LOL Here is another favorite line from this lesson: Men go for the headlines, women go for the fine print. Now turn to your spouse and smile. :>)

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more, Jana! Good teaching. I love the thought "men go for the headlines, women for fine print". It couldn't be said any better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jana I enjoy ALL your Jive talking. Thanks! looking forward to the next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments, Linda.

    Gwen - I am so glad you left a comment. Feel free to give your point of view anytime. I love you. You are one of my forever friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sis Allard, thank you for sharing your "notes" with us, I would love all your notes, I am learning more every day that communication is very important, I am learning too that "michael" doesnt always want to listen but to talk, Love you, cheri

    ReplyDelete