Monday, November 17, 2008

Perseverance

Usually when we hear the phrase, "What a difference a teacher makes," it is a compliment to the instructor's method of teaching. Yet, there are some cases where a teacher fails to recognize and reach for a student's potential. The below link shows a man who felt rejected by his instructor. He never learned to read or write, but recently made millions of dollars from his exceptional talent. A true lesson of perseverance. Please go to the below link for a very short video of this outstanding man. Incredible!

http://www.maniacworld.com/art-in-the-eye-of-a-needle.html

P.S. If you are a teacher, never give up on any student. Against all odds, everyone has an amount of potential. I am so glad God saw not what I was but what I could be.

2 comments:

  1. I am astounded at the ability of this man who was made to feel so small by his teachers as a child. Goes to prove the adage, "If life hands you lemons, make lemonade."

    I agree with your sentiment about God seeing us for what we could be rather than what we are! Now, I want to go sing that song for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana Mc - Glad you enjoyed the story.

    ReplyDelete