Thursday, November 27, 2008

Prayer Request

Please say a prayer for my friend and fellow minister's wife, Rochelle Ritzi. Her home was vandalized and the family threatened by some racists. Rochelle and her husband have a gorgeous daughter, Keilani. Keilani is a brilliant little girl who loves God, sings at church, and is learning to play piano. This beautiful and precious girl, has been frightened by these hate crimes and her innocence shattered with her first experience of the "N" word and what it means to be the target of racial profiling. My heart is heavy for this wonderful family. Join me in prayer for peace that passes all understanding and for the Lord to encamp angels around them, their home, and church.
Below is the link to Rochelle's blog.
http://rochelle-blog.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Jana. We all need to speak out against this vile and illegal form of racism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Your words and your actions are such a comfort to us. This Thanksgiving I am thankful for you and your church and all of the prayers of the blogging community. Keilani has been so blown away with all the encouragement, prayers, and kind words. What the devil meant for evil, God has used for good. Our faith has been built. I can't thank you enough. I love you. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen - yes, we need to bind together and rebuke the devil. Racism is an act of evil.

    Rochelle - my husband had our congregation stand and pray for your family at our early morning service today. We are believing God is going to bless you abundantly. The Apostolic Gospel Church of Delano, California loves you even though we have never met. You are part of our family and we want to give you support during this trying time. I felt faith in the house today as we prayed. May God bless you abundantly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I have been overwhelmed by your encouragement and support. It has meant the world to us. Please thank your husband and your entire church for their prayers. Our faith has been lifted and God is truly blessing us!! Thank you, again. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rochelle - I will pass your thanks along and we will continue to keep you in our prayers. The Lord will take care of this situation.

    ReplyDelete