Friday, May 22, 2009

Update On Life In My World

It has been a long week and my poor blog seems to have been deserted. Wednesday night, I spoke to the Apostolic Tabernacle Choir of Merced, California. They are the "kickingest," "rockingest," choir I know. I felt humbled and honored to stand before them. We had a great evening and enjoyed being with music director Mark Yandris and Pastor and Sis. Emory.

As you know, our church was devastated with the news of little Angelo and then, on Tuesday evening, Corina Ortega, a 23 year old woman who has attended our church in the past and has family in our church, was killed in a hit and run accident. Family has said she was emotionally unstable and laid down in the road. A car swerved to miss her and a raised pick up with jumbo tires apparently didn't see or feel hitting her. It is another tragedy. Prayers are needed for the Ortega/Aaron/Mercado families. http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/45494917.html (For those of you who know Bro. Eduardo and Sis Naomi Mercado, missionaries to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico and pastors in Laredo, Texas, Corina is Sis. Naomi's niece.)

In the midst of all this, I received a good report from my doctor today. My potassium levels, after a more than two year battle, are once again in normal range. Instead of monthly blood draws, I get to wait three months for the next blood draw. Thank you, Jesus!

I hope you have a blessed weekend. Enjoy your family, remember those who gave their lives for our freedom, and include God in all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment